does anyone have any friends they feel like they cant have a real converstation with?

i have friend. she is also my neighbor. i try to be a good friend last night she asked if i had any muffin mix. i gave here my bannana , crumb cake, and blueberry mix. anywys my dh is starting a new buisness. trying to anywys. i was trying to talk to her abt it we are on the phone. and she just wasnt interestd. i guess bc she kept cutting me off. i was more like a prop there for her to guide her own conversation. i think im a good listner. i try.
does anyone else get frustrated when they try to connect with a friend or family member and it just doesnt happen?my sister is the same way. cnt talk to her for shit. i feel more lonely when i leave these people or are done with them on the phone. would have been better off just talking to god or myself

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I get frustrated especially when I talk to one of my aunts. All she likes to do is talk about herself and the things she has or what she is doing or planning on doing. It agravates the bloody crappy outta me.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• yep, my friend has been my friend since kindergarten, I am now 44. We are also neighbors and she never really seems too interested in what I have going on but only wants to talk about this guy she's dating or that guy, it's alot like being in high school. I can honestly say that if I met her for the first time now, I would never be friends with her but I am just used to her now and to some degree I feel sorry for her. Her life seems empty and I also think that is partly why she doesn't really want to hear about my life. She makes fun of me because I'm married and says she can't see how I can be happy with my "boring" life.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes, I do. She's actually the mom of one of my friends so she's a bit older (obviously lol) but when she calls me I get prepared for a "monologue" rather then a conversation. She just talks about things that interest her & doesn't really want to hear anything I have to tell her unless its me commenting on what she is talking about! I probably wouldnt talk to her anymore if I wasnt friends w/ her daughter.
    Anonymous

• All of my "friends" are like this. I don't talk to anyone very much anymore. I have become socially akward and can barely hold a convo with anyone anymore. I feel like there is no point in making friends bc my old ones dropped me after I had kids. I'm trying to make new friends, but I don't really trust people very much anymore.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 3:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• i swear today i almost snapped at the end of the conversation. telling her she didnt let me get in a word edge wize. but there would have been no point.. just conflict. i know i talk alot . i really do. but i also am very perceptive and i can be good ear to bounce things off of. one my favorite preachers always says this and its true and funny. dont go to the phone go to the throne.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have a family member like that. We went to visit after not seeing her for almost four years and she spent - literally four hours talking about her ailments, her dogs, her neighbors and then all over again. I was ready to scream. So glad when her hubby showed up!
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 5:39 AM on Dec. 4, 2010