Just wondering..

Whats the difference between Fellowship and Church! My niece n her husband always say they are going to Fellowship on Fridays and then Church on Sunday...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think of fellowship as a gathering of like minded people coming together to share news and visit with each other. Church is more structured; and every thing proceeds in a more formal fashion.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I agree - fellowship, IMO, is more of a coming together. Its more of a socializing and doing together, rather than the structured, formalized kind of gathering that makes up a service, where you sit in your pew and don't really interact. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think a fellowship is when people gather to discuss and do the work of the Lord, and Church is where they meet to receive the Word (more organized and traditional)

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• When I hear "Fellowship" I think more of a group like gathering of people who think or believe the same way to come together for friendship or just a simple exchange of ideas. Church is more of a "lecture" setting, which may or may not be followed by fellowship...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Fellowship is more like bible study church is with the peacher lecturing the whole group.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Fellowship is more social, while church is a structured service.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 6:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• church is the service done by a pastor, fellowship is where you get to know your brothers and sisters in christ.
    Sheraymonet

Answer by Sheraymonet at 11:57 AM on Dec. 7, 2010