Freaked out on my two year old

I am teaching my son his preschool book, I have to homeschool him cause the schooling is way to effing expensive! My dd had passed out in her high chair so I left here there while I was doing the lesson. Well she woke up and toldme she was told I asked her to hold on and she started he fake crying and idk I just snapped. I picked her up and popped her on the butt telling her she had something to whine about now. Then of course when she cried I goti n her face and yelled at her. I couldn't stop myself! All my friends tell me I'm just under stress from my DH having been gone on deployment but seriously I am ashamed of how I acted in that moment and have since apologised to my DD but how do I stop myself from doign this agian? How do I handle my anger and frusteration better?***I am teaching my 3 year old***So everyone has these moments? I'm not a bad mother? I am looking to get on Wellbutrin since Paxil screwed me up royally I have been wary of taking an antidepressant but I have to take something... expecially if I act like this!***Sam i don't get a break from her, she sleeps with me and if I get up to go pee she flips the eff out! Seperation anxiety ever since my DH left for deployment he's been gone over 6mos.***where did I say I expected her not to cry when I spanked her? She was giving me the fake cry because I asked her to hold on I was finishing a page with my son, she decided to give the fake cry so I snapped after that. I NEVER effing said that I expected her not to cry, Also she wasn't being ignored! And plotting wtf r u reading lady?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• so you are teaching the 2 year old or an older one? I lost it a bit in this one
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We all have weak moments. You freaked out because she caught you off guard and you weren't prepared to handle the situation.

Think about what you'll do next time. It's easier when you have a plan.

Next time she pesters me i will...ignore her until i can help her...tell her i am not taking her out of the chair until she stops pestering me...whatever works for your family.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Your not a bad mother your only human. I can tell you that it will not be the only time you get angry with your kids. But if say sorry and hug and kiss them and talk to them they will still love you. Kids have hearts of gold no matter what we do as parents. Or try to step out of the room or even the bathroom count till calm down you will come back and better person and maybe not take out on them.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Also lost
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 3:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Before you respond to a bad behavior i would think about how you should react or walk out of the room and take a few deep breaths and come in with your mind clear. To deal with stress maybe start a writing journal. Write before she gets up or right before bed about the day or whats been bothering you. Talking to friends to deal with stress is also good. Exercising is also been know to help lower stress in people's life.
    Sammieda

Answer by Sammieda at 3:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You need to learn about what is and is not reasonable to expect from children.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that a child has the ability to plot against the only people in the world willing to keep them alive, but it's extremely unreasonable.

Why would you be surprised that a child was upset about being ignored? They can't get what they need for themselves... they lack the verbal skills and Visa cards necessary to order it.

When you hit a child, expecting anything other than crying is beyond naive. It's ridiculous.

Of course, if you think it's your job to stop a child from making noises, you're seriously confused about what mothering is about.

There is a human person in there, with an undeveloped brain who does not understand what you understand anymore than she can use your eyes to see with...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Sorry momma I know it's really hard sometimes to be a parent. Especially since your basically a single parent. What really helped me was to read the book love and logic. it's got sooo many wonderful ideas on how to parent and even how to appropriately punish so that they understand and you don't have some nosy neighbor calling cps.
    Good Luck!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You're really harsh, LindaClement.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2010