Any Television Brand Experts Out There?

Hi I am having a hard time deciding on what type of tv to purchase for an xmas gift. I found a 32 inch Dynex (Best Buy brand) for 250.00, a 32 inch Curtis (HHGregg sells it) for 250.00 and a Panasonic for 330.00. Is it really worth it to pay an extra 77.00 dollars for a Panasonic? Has anyone ever owned a Dynex or a Curtis? Thanks!

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 3:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• Compare them side by side if possible and see which one LOOKS better. IMO, samsung and sony are the best brands. Panasonic is all right....I've never even heard of those other brands, and we did a LOT of TV shopping to get the one we have.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes, pay the extra for Panasonic. It's definitely not at the top of my own personal list, but it's better than the other two! When it comes to electronics, you typically get what you pay for - paying extra for a better brand of tv is usually worth it!
    Anonymous

• We have a Samsung.
    And yes look up reviews for the off brands. They dont last as long.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Walmart has a 32 in Visio On sale for 298.00 Right now. 720i LCD which is better than Plasma. I bought one when they came out 2 years ago I paid twice that much and I couldn't be Happier!

The Dealer told me 1080i is Nessicary for LARGER sets than 32 inch

720i is Great for 32 inch or Less.

The Plasma is not as good as the LCD.

yobabywazup

Answer by yobabywazup at 4:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2010