Dark spirits inhabiting objects?

If you believe in spirirtual darkness, do you believe that a spirit can inhabit objects such as jewerly boxes, sculptures, movies, clothing, land ect....?

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Buttercup, you should read that book. You would really like it. I don't worship the giraffe...lol they sit in a corner for decoration.

LOL!!! I've been through spiritual warfare for most of my life so I'll probably know most if not everything in the book but I'll give it a look. I'm always looking to learn more. Thanks! I didn't think that you worshiped the giraffe and I do understand that it's decoration but it would probably still bother me. I'm sensitive to spiritual things. It sounds like you have a great husband by the way. At least he's trying to keep your home clean and peaceful instead of the opposite like a lot of men.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes. Spiritual beings come in all shapes and forms just like people do. So yes, there are good and bad ones... And because spirits are generally energy, they can and do attach themselves to different objects, places and occasionally other beings (including people). There is also a much simpler answer when objects, places or beings seem to be "possessed" by negative or dark spirits, and that is simply negative energy as apposed to negative spirit beings. It's much more common to have negative energy attached to something than it is to have a negative being attached to something and it's also common for one to be mistaken for the other because most people aren't in the habit of studying metaphysics or magickal practices...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• oh yeah, no doubt. Infact certain bricks made of lyme can hold a lot of charge of the energy around them.
    Any reason?
    Nerdymama

Answer by Nerdymama at 3:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yep, they sure can! And I don't think he went over board at all. I try to go through and purge my house at least once a year. And I can tell you the giraffe would go. I try not to have graven images in my home. I hate them. They bother me.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I guess I'm the odd one out, lol, I don't believe in dark spirits or energy, or that spirits can inhabit objects/other people. Its okay, lol, I'm used to being the weird one. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think it has to be a living thing... but I am just guessing
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think my husband may have went a little above and beyond. lol

I would be inclined to agree with you!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes ans since I have the light in me I can touch a dark object and God can change it from dark to light. Remember the word says greater is HE that is IN ME than he who is in the world! That means God is so much bigger than Satan who lives in the world.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I read the book Protecting Your Home From Spiritual Darkness and that is what it is about. My silly husband went around the house casting out demons and made me get rid of a few thing in the house. I love African trinkets and he made me trash a mask and rain stick. I put my foot down when he tried to throw out my brass giraffe...lol I believe that they can inhabit objects as well, I just wanted to see what others believe.

Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010