Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who has to share some child custoday with an ex that is not fit to watch a child

i have left with our daughter, he has visited twice here at my mothers home
he wants to take our daughter for weekend, i say no
je is pushing
nothing in courts
i have talked to lawyers , each time i speak to a lawyer it looks worse, lat one said court will most likely let him have time alone with daughter while they , the court, looks into my comments of him being unfit and therapist saying God awful things lkike no sexual boundaries and should not be left alone with child

i am freaking out. what if he gets time alone with her, she is three, has autism can not tell me if something happened!

anyone else in my shoes, what to do, what can i do?? help!

Answer Question

Asked by fiatpax at 3:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

Level 46 (221,572 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • My cousin did. It was agonizingly horrible. I don't want to give any details about the situation but it was bad. Really bad.

    She and her husband scraped together every penny they could to fight it in court and still lost. :(

    Answer by UpSheRises at 3:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

  • Is there a way you can request he be evaluated by a therapist?

    Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

  • I would be calling legal aid and filing a restraining order.
    Maybe that would hold things off until you can get all the info you need to prove him unfit to care for your child.

    Or you go into hiding with her.
    Id do anything to keep something from happening to my child.

    Answer by Sandyr911 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

  • if a therapist flat out says should not be left alone w/ a child, i would hope the court took that into consideration BEFORE they did visits alone. .. im in the same boat a little... ive dealt w/ my ex my daughters whole life.. she is now 5.. hes been in and out of jail, rehab, hes threatened me many times, ive charged him for harassment and hes been in trouble for it.. he only comes around every now and then trying to get her.. she took me to court for visiation and it dragged on for months.. so if he takes you to court it WILL take months to even get any of it settled.. nothing ever happened in my case because he ended up not coming to court the last date.. pretty obnoxious. he doesnt pay child support.. now he is on the "good path in life, and wants to be a dad" im very annoyed.. and hate the fact that he makes me seem like the bad one who is keeping her from him.. when in all reality its him. the court see's that too!

    Answer by mohme2three at 8:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

  • (cont) i hope they see that in your case too! BUT a good friend of mine has to give her son to her ex for visitation.. and he is CLEARLY on drugs.. its sad!! they have a court date.. but again.. its months down the road! good luck!

    Answer by mohme2three at 8:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.