In 2010, was more money donated to political campaigns or to charitible organizations?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 3:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not sure what you are asking?
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• In 2010 was more money donated to political campaigns or to charitible organizations?
    UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I suspect to campaigns, after all Dems don't give much to charity but they do love their politicians.
    All in all, I think I gave an equal amount this year
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I'm guessing it was to political campaigns. Charity is usually an afterthought with the political minded.
    (In other words, if you are a politician or courting a politician, you may donate to look better not because you care)

Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Dems don't give much to charity

Wanna source that or are you okay with just pulling stuff ot of your ass?

UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• IDK, but we gave WAY more to charity than we did to campaigns.  Although, I say that as a conservative living in an area represented by conservatives, so it's not like they needed my monetary support (the politicians - that is).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Lol- UpSheRises... go search the web, it's a well known fact that Conservatives are more likely to give to charities. The statistics support this year after year. This shouldn't come as a shock to you, nor does it deserve your rude response- it is how it is.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• personal donations= TAX WRITE OFF!!!!! not so altruistic when one also benefits.

OP- I'm not sure.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• That depends....

Are we talking: Personal donations....or....business/corporate donations......or combo of the 2...............
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I'm going to say charitable organizations (national, local, churches, etc.)...because there are more of them than political candidates.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2010