Advent Question

I'm not affiliated with any church but I do want to celebrate this Christmas month with my family preparing for the coming of Christ. I've read a little bit about Advent which follows in my line of thinking. Does anyone have any suggestions on scripture reading that I could use for this coming Sunday? I'm not looking for a ritual(thats why I don't affliate with a church) but I would like to read to my family to remind us of the gift we've been givin.

CKasting

Asked by CKasting at 3:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know a gal in my group posted 25 days of Christmas.. there is probably something in there generic enough for you to use. (It's LDS moms)
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• "When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, 'Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?' So they said, 'Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.' He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?' Simon Peter answered and said, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.' Jesus answered and said to him, 'Blessed are you, Simon bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.' " Matthew 16:13-17
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• @Conley639 Thats beautiful.
    CKasting

Comment by CKasting (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I hope that will work. If you need something a little more specific let me know.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• john chapter 3 verse 16
    mary40407

Answer by mary40407 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 5, 2010