Urgent Care for ear infection?

I'm not sure if it's related, but I started getting a cold sore on Monday (the biggest one I've ever had), then since Tuesday I've had swollen glands on the right side, tooth/jaw pain on the right side, and intermittent ear pain on the right side. Mostly now it is just ear pain and headaches without the jaw pain. Is this something that I should go to Urgent Care for or make an appointment for Monday? I don't think I've had a fever at all, so this is why I've hesitated making an appointment, but when the pain comes it is so so painful! Also, I'm pregnant so I don't know if they can prescribe too much or if they say it's viral I would have to wait it out...I just don't know if it's worth it to go in. Any kind advice is appreciated!

JJsMoMMy519

Asked by JJsMoMMy519 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Health

• I'd definately go in. Anything to do with your ears can affect your balance so it can be really serious. Now it's up to you if you choose urgent care or just wait until monday but in my experience I've found that most of the time as long as it's not the ER it's relatively close to the same price.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would go if you can. Eardrops will be safe for you but better to catch is early than later.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Since you're pregnant, yes, the sooner you can go, the better.
    Anonymous

• Since you are pregnant, I would go just to be safe.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010