because im suffer from depression can that lead to me wanting an abortion?

I really never wanted this baby but my family did. Ipretended to be happy. Most days i feel worthless and its hard to take of my son.

chickenlittl574

Asked by chickenlittl574 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Definitely sounds like depression. Motherhood is hard enough without it. Get help.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Read some uplifting literature. Call a hot line, hang in there.... you can do it.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Sure. If i was sad and hopeless I wouldn't feel good about bringing another sad, hopeless life into the world.

Have you gotten any help yet? Cause if you're having trouble taking care of him, your probably not taking care of yourself or your home very well either and after a while it starts to pile up.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I sometimes feel that way i am 18 weeks and my relationship is going to shit.....i hate to bring another baby in this world and our relationship is basically over now...but last year i got an abortion and it really hurt me that i killed a life that was inside of me... i vowed to never do that again...not just because of the regret but also because all the reasons i did it ended up blowing up in my face a few months later!!!! so it was like whats the point...its hard to hang in there but try to find things that do uplift you..thats what i been trying to do. Hope things work out for you...GOOD lUck...and always honor what you feel because you are the one who must live with your own decisions not anyone else!!! honor whats in your heart!!!!
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 4:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• So are you Pregnant or have a child now or both?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Talk to someone and feel it out. You may be happy when he/she is here. There is always adoption
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yep. I've gone through that exact thing three times - well twice and currently. Sounds like depression 100%... Talk to your doctor or find a psychiatrist, because depression during pregnancy can lead to PPD which can end up being very dangerous!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Depression can lead to a lot of bad things. If you need help call 1-800-784-2433. How far along are you in your pregnancy?
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2010