Making goodies for gifts what would you put in the box?

I am making goodies (cookies and such) for Christmas gifts from our family. What all kind of stuff would you put in there?

justme581

Asked by justme581 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• English toffee, fudge, sugar cookies... a mixture of stuff. I noticed today that familyfun.com had lots of neat holiday cookie ideas.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• cookies,gumdrop fudge, chex mix, pumpkin bread, gingerbread, peanut butter fudge, jams, jellys, or even do the cookie in the jar with the dry items and the recipe and when they are ready they just add the wet items, muffins, homemade doughnuts. Just let your imagaion take over and what you have time to bake. Anything will be good homemade.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My mom and I make candy trays every Christmas for our family, we put chocolate covered pretzels, sugar cookies and Christmas tree chocolates that my mom makes.
    kristina.burns

Answer by kristina.burns at 4:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I was trying to get a link but I'm having pc problems, anyways, I saw this idea where you mix a batch og chip dip, what ever kind you like, works better if it stays firm, and you package it in christmas shaped cookie cutters! it said to cut out a peice of cardboard inthe shape of the cutter for the bottom, so the dip doesn't fall out, then I'd wrap it with plastic and give it with fancy crackers!
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 5:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• These would all be homemade, so you and your family could make them together.

Trail Mix
    Peanut Brittle
    Fudge
    Cookies - Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Carrot, Pumpkin, Sugar .. The list goes on and on as far as cookies go.
    Bars - Carrot Bars, Oatmeal Bars, PB Bars .. list goes on and on for those too.
    You can learn how to make Candy, but that takes a lot of equiptment. You can purchase little Holiday candies though to go inside.
    Carmel Popcorn
    Popcorn Balls
    Inside Out S'Mores - Partially melt a Marshmallow in the Microwave (Or use Marshmallow Puff), put it inbetween two halves of a Graham Cracker. Melt on the stove Chocolate Chips with a little bit of milk, then dip the S'More in the chocolate. Making sure it is covered. Place it on a baking sheet lined with Parchment paper and put in the fridge to cool until hardened. They're delicious.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• This year I'm doing caramel pretzels, chocolate chip and almond balls - which are almond crescents when you're too lazy to shape them into crescents ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would make different kinds of cookies and put them in each box
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I usually include a quick bread like banana nut, flavored coffee, gourmet hot cocoa.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 6:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Every year we make peanut clusters, chocolate covered pretzels, peanut butter balls, fudge, cookies of all kinds and a few breads (banana, pumpkin, etc).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would do something wild like chocolate covered bacon... but simply for the reaction and the memory that I gave then entire family chocolate covered bacon for Christmas one year.. lol

Other than that.. I would do a basket that could be used all together.. such as homemade hot chocolate mix or homemade gingerbread coffee creamer with paired cookies and brownies and a chocolate covered spoon and a nice new mug to drink it in.. and maybe a few sampler bottles of liquor that would taste yummy with it.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 10:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2010