• In the Spotlight:

Is this normal

I had my daughter four months ago and got my period about 2 months after. I wanted to go back on the pill so my Dr put me on Seasonal the pill where you get your period 4 times a year. I was on that pill before I got pregnant. I didn't get pregnant while on the pill though. Well I am half way through my pill pack and got my period it has lasted 6 days and now I'm starting to get horrible cramps. It started as spotting I know they call it break through bleeding but now its like a full blown period is that normal?????

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 7:50 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Health

• You have to take into consideration that your bodies hormone levels are already not normal right now because of the pregnancy. It takes a while for your body to recover. Adding the synthetic hormones of the birth control is adding to that which would be why your body had a period. It is confused by all of the hormone imbalance going on.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• sounds hormonal to me. you have your natural hormones plus synthetic hormones from the bcps. also just a side note, you can have just four periods with any pill.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 7:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2008