Ok, the 2 questions were to prove a point. You don't take food out of the over too early, why on earth is it ok to take a baby out?

It is bad to do both. Give them both time to finish cooking and all their bits to come together.

The last one and week of pregnancy is actually the most important growing they do. And baby DO grow all the way until they are born. They don't stop at 37 weeks.

And some cakes end up taking longer that the recipe or box says just the same as babies don't always come on their EDD. Sometime they come early and are fine and sometimes they come later and are fine.

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 4:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That should say "the last month and week."
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I agree I like my babies crispy and fully cooked!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• sometimes for blood pressure problems or even if baby is to big for delivey. or even to keep the baby and the mom safe from problems
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• @momindiana: I covered that already..we are discussing induction way early just because the mom wants to, not for a medical reason.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Tell that to the doctors who want to cut a baby out of you just because they feel it's getting too big.

Then you (well me) is left trying to go in to labor early just to "miss" the c-section appointment and have a vaginal birth.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My little girl was 9lbs and 3oz and the umbilical cord was wrapped around her little neck. My Dr. and I made the right decision by inducing at 38 weeks. If we wouldn't have I would've had a crispy, dead baby:( Thank god for maternal instincts.
    Just do what is right for you and others will do the same!
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Oh and we didn't know all of this at the time, just a feeling that things weren't right so I chose to induce early.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• As long as you are considered term I don't see a problem. Anything earlier than that, yeah, there's no reason for it.
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I want to know who and where these doctors are that would even allow the mother to CHOOSE to have her baby that early? I'm going to be 40 wks on Monday, and since I've been dilated for over a month now they are willing to induce as early as the following Monday, but they did say that because of health concerns they don't want to let me go to far past 42wks... NONE of my doctors (and there are 15 or so in my practice) would ever let me just decide that I was ready to have a baby and induce/c-section... It simply wouldn't happen. This is my THIRD child, and I have NEVER delivered before 41.5 wks even though I am always induced, early or even before 41wks has never been an option... Where are these doctors that let women do this crap? I think that angers me more than the women, because many times they are simply undereducated - the doctors aren't!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Uh, unless you read the first 2 questions, you apparently are lost on this one.

I have expressed that point ad nauseum. Medical inductions are one thing. I am referring to the women that are 36 weeks and are asking how to start inducing labor. For fucks sake...I expressly pointed out the "OTHER 2 QUESTIONS". Go read them.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2010