Where can I get a mask?

I need a health mask thingy or something. My doctor recommended I start wearing one outside from now on b/c of my asthma. I have no idea where to get these. I don't wanna go get any at like home depot, don't they have medical ones? Where can I find them?

Mipsy

Asked by Mipsy at 4:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Health

• If it's because of the cold, just get a scarf and wrap it over your mouth, it wouldn't be so noticable that you're covering, I know when I see people walking around wearing that kind of mask in winter I start to worry about what they have that they're trying not to spread.
    Anonymous

• It isn't b/c of the cold. In fact I live in AZ, so it isn't even that cold here. It's b/c of what sets off my asthma (basically anything and everything). And honestly, no offense but I don't care if other people think I am trying not to spread a disease or something, breathing and being a live is more important to me.
    Mipsy

Comment by Mipsy (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• you can probably get them at a drug store. or a medical supply place. I'm sorry to hear that your asthma is so bad. I hope it helps. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Pharmacy! They have them, call around to Wal-greens or CVS and see who has them but I know one of them has them.
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 4:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear that! I'd look online, I ordered a bunch for a Swine Flu Party we had last year, they were a lot less expensive than at a drugstore.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I'm sorry, but you took how I said it wrong. You said nothing in your post about any of that, where I live a lot of people struggle wtih the cold affecting their astha. Check any pharmacy, or ask your doctor for a few freebies.
    Anonymous

• Oh - for ones that filter out a little more crud - check the painting section, by the paint brushes, rollers, etc.
    Anonymous

• try the pharmacy... my dr gave me one, with a 1-800 number to reorder more... as an asthmatic i 100%understand where you are coming from... cleaners set my asthma off like nothing else, and i wear one every time i clean the house... from vacuuming to dusting, bathroom cleaners, even the scent of certain dish soaps gets me... sure it doesn't take the smell away, but it does filter out what is actually causing me a flair up!
    asil

Answer by asil at 4:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2010