what's your best advice for allowing others to embelish in my joy of doing simple things when they ask"oh,can i change a diaper?" or "oh, can i feed your baby a bottle? "

this is a question asked from another question i just asked a minute ago. : )

christinahilton

Asked by christinahilton at 4:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• embellish?
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 4:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would say 'I got it!! But thanks for offering" and go into the next room to feed or change.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• ok I dont think i read the question right, you want other people to feed and change your baby or no
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Everyone wants to care for people they love. LO is lucky to have so many willing caregivers.

Just remind yourself not to be selfish.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I don't really understand the question.
    I was not comfortable letting anyone but my husband change my children's diapers, and I breastfed, so there were no bottles to give.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I don't think "embellish" means what you think it does. I'm not saying this to be snarky, it makes the question nonsensical.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• no you see i want to do all her bottle feedings and diaper changes but when our little mary jane roselind hilton's great grandmother and grandmother are around her they always ask "why cant i do that diaper?" or "why can't i feed her a bottle? and i'm not tired i just love doing all the small things like a bottle feeding or diaper change its more i dont know whether i should be selfish or just back down and let them have their time.i want to but i want to take on all my mothering responsibilities at the same time.and yes before someone asks i do get enough rest i sleep when our little one does.this is my husband and my own first child together,so the family is still adjusting as well.
    christinahilton

Comment by christinahilton (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• That's always a tough situation.. and I've had to go through it too. I know as a mom you want to feel as close as possible, but remember, it's okay to be selfish and tell them no. I actually barely bonded with my daughter till she was about 3 or 4 months, even then it was tough. It was hard for me because I wanted to but I had pressure from others about either how I'm mothering or them just taking over without even asking me. It really did irritate me a lot, and I don't let it happen anymore. But all you really have to say is no and that's it. They shouldn't need an explanation. It's your child.
    wolverinemama

Answer by wolverinemama at 4:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• thank you .and amen to what wolverinemama just said .i've been thinking myself that just saying no was the most polite thing i can do.i'm glad someone confirmed what i already thought was best to do. thank you . : )
    christinahilton

Comment by christinahilton (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I don't think it's selfish of you to want to do those things rather than someone else - you are a new mom, of course you want to enjoy every minute. Grandmas are just so excited about the new baby.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 6:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2010