why do women like the ones on DR.PHIL yesterday, need to go (or want to) on his show to find out that screaming at your kid's makes them screamers, just like you?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I didn't see that but I am glad dr Phil brought up this topic. I had three pretty calm and quiet kids ....I think it was because their Dad and I were quiet and calm too. I am always so sad when I see kids having meltdowns in publuic ...you can just tell that their parents are the same way, hacing "adult meltdowns" at home.
    One day at Target I heard a guy yelling at his little girl about 3 aisles away. WHen I went around a corner a few minutes later, there he was in front of me,he yelled at her again and when I stopped due to shock,he saw me, gave me the finger and yelled "What are you looking at". I tuirned around and quickly went down a different aisle! Can you believe it? His little girl was crying so hard and loud, her face red, and wet. The poor little kds. I bet she was a nervous wreck.. Awful.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Strange. They must know that the child will imitate those he is around.

Answer by Bmat at 4:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• B/c some ppl are stupid!
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 4:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You'd think that's just common sense.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I didn't see that but I am glad dr Phil brought up this topic. I had three pretty calm and quiet kids ....I think it was because their Dad and I were quiet and calm too. I am always so sad when I see kids having meltdowns in publuic ...you can just tell that their parents are the same way, hacing "adult meltdowns" at home

I agree with you overall but I dont meltdown and my dd does. Its very frustrating because she has a great home life...hope its just a phase!! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010