Kind of embarrassing question? adult content

So my son is 8 months old and I got mirena put in at my 6 week check up. My periods are very irregular and it seems like before and after my period I have a really heavy discharge that has a slightly strong smell. Is this normal or is something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Health

• Any type of smell (foul) usually means infection. Id just talk to your dr or by the over the counter testing kit for vaginal infections
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• buy*
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would make an appointment with the gyno is make sure that everything is where it should be, your mirena could have slipped and is causing irritation, or you could have a mild yeast infection.... Only your doctor can tell you, but definately make an appt soon.
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 4:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I agree that you should get seen. Foul odor is usually indicative of infection, and the sooner you can take care of it, the better.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• i would talk to the dr
    asil

Answer by asil at 4:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2010