when the new season comes and youre buying new clothes for your kids, do you buy their wardrobe all at once or buy as you need?

my oldest is really the only one who gets new clothes.. lol her poor sisters will wear her hand-me-downs or clothes that were bought for them. sometimes, though, the size they're in doesn't fit with the right season cause my oldest was and still is a skinny minnie. anyway though, when it gets cool out and she needs warm clothes, i just go and buy what she needs. a lot of time the pants she wore last year will still fit this year. she may just need new pajamas or longer shirts.

a friend of mine goes online and orders a few sets of pajamas, jeans, shirts, etc for the whole season. i would probably do it this way but we can't afford to spend one chunk of money all at once.

just curious how others do it?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• It's easier to buy what they need first. And then if you have extra money shop for what you want to buy. It helps with saving money.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• WELL I LIKE TO GO SHOPPING FOR NEW CLOTHES FOR ALL 4 OF MY KIDS EVERY YEAR...NOW THEY ARE TEENS AND ALL I DO IS THAT I SAVE $200 IN THE BANK FOR EASH ONE OF THEM AND WHEN CHRISTMAS COMES I JUST GIVE THEM THE MONEY SO THEY CAN GO BYE THEM SELF THE CLOTH THEY WANT...BUT DURING THE YEAR I SAVE MONEY FOR THEM FOR CHRISTMAS SEASON AND LIKE THAT IT WONT BE SO BAD FOR ME ON CHRISTMAS SEASON. I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA FOR ALL PARENT.
    Xiomy34

Answer by Xiomy34 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Well I like on West Coast in California so I may not have the answer you are looking for. I just Supplement what they already have. When It gets cold. I buy long sleeve Henley's to go under T shirts and Yes they always get a New winter Coat. Some Sweat suits and that is really about it.

Spring we do the Shorts and t shirts but are likely to Jeans alot to. My kids never wear sandals but do Use tennis shoes and Boots.

Socks and Undies are bought about every 6 months.

My sons are 10 and 6 Yet are very close to each other in size because my 10 guy is small and my 6 guy is large. We rarely use hand me downs because my Boys are Hard on their clothes and so close in size.

yobabywazup

Answer by yobabywazup at 4:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Well I bought mine all at once! BIG MISTAKE! LOL When it first started getting cold I bought 5 pair of jeans for one of my boys and now he cant wear them! If you are going to buy it all at once I would say buy half in the size they wear now and half in the next size up.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes before each season I wait for the pre-season Sales & buy a wardrobe for my Son. I tend to buy more in the fall since he grows in height and needs new pants and long sleeve shirts. In the spring, I buy less because I just have to supplement with some light pants since his shorts usually fit from the year before. So I often buy summer clothes for him at the end of summer on sale too. I buy most of his winter clothes at Kohls online since they always have the size I need and often not in the stores. Summer I usually buy at the Childrens place online too. They have great quality & very soft tee-shirts.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I buy as my son needs new things. He wears the same types of clothes year-round, so I only replace as he either outgrows or destroys them. Sometimes I'll pick him up something new just because he really likes & wants it, but that doesn't happen very often because, to be honest, he really could care less about clothes.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 5:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• mostly we buy when we need things. if i see things for a great clearance price i will get them for next year, and hop the size works!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• lol yes it will be kinda nice when they're teens and can pick out what they like and not grow like weeds out of everything! my oldest is 4 so mine are still really young.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2010