Brain Quest- Kindergarten vs 1st Grade

I bought the preschool one for my daughter for her birthday (she turned 4 yesterday) and it's for 4-5 year olds. Today she sat down just went through it all-in one sitting (and not a long sitting either). Since that is so easy for her I want to get her another one because she really enjoyed it. She is currently doing workbooks for 5-7 year olds...my question is do I get her the kindergarten edition or the first grade? I don't want to waste money on something that isn't going to challenge her and take her about 5 minutes to do (and no I do not push her, she actually really loves to learn and loves doing workbooks and things like that). I'm just not sure what to do.
Thank you for all your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• WELL ITS GOOD TO GET HER A FIRST GRADE BOOK....IF SHE LIKE TO READ ALOT AND SHE IS REALLY INTO IT...BUT MOST OF ALL ITS GOOD FOR YOU TO SIT DOWN WITH HER AND READ TO HER OR WITH HER.
    Xiomy34

Answer by Xiomy34 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• even if it doesn't "challenge" her it is repetition that she will learn in school. . . which is always good. . . if you skip levels you tend to loose basics that are important later on. . . My DD was the same way, I got her all of them and let her pick and chose. . . she is in 2nd grade now and reads 4 grade and better and is doing math that a middle school student would do. . . not to mention her other subjects. Honestly I am a strong believer of pushing your child without over pushing and skipping crucial tid-bits. . . try both. . . and let her decide what she is ready for.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 5:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• my daughter wizzed through those books too. but she had a hard time with the sight words. don't know if you have tried that yet. does she know how to read yet? if not, she should do kindergarten. my daughter knew how to read before she started kindergarten. she is ahead of her class, so she is in the gifted/talented program. my daughter reads level 2 books. you should also concentrate on reading and comprehension. they are really big on that in kindergarten.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 3:30 AM on Dec. 4, 2010