How can i get over my miscarriage?

Its been over two months and i havent gotten over my miscarriage. everytime i see a baby i get really depressed.

jamesmomma10

Asked by jamesmomma10 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Its been 6 months for me and my youngest keeps bringing me the ultrasound pic and it still brings tears to my eyes.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 5:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• It just kills me that i see people walking with babys that i should of been carryn n feeln the bby kick.
    jamesmomma10

Comment by jamesmomma10 (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• wow i had to recent miscarriages...time will heal the wound...you will always wonder though even when you give birth, the lost will be there forever. Embrace and give yourself time.
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 5:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• It has been 5 months for me and it has gotten a little easier but it still hurts. Especially today since my SIL called and told me she is now expecting. I have been crying pretty much all day
    mamajo08

Answer by mamajo08 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I dont know that you do. I realize that a miscarriage is much different than an abortion ..................but I was forced to have an abortion by the man i was with. I never got over that. Not only the loss of a baby I desperately wanted but I was ashamed and embarrased that I had somehow gotten with someone and couldnt get out, that I lost a child over it. Best thing to do is either have another child ( like i did) or simply accept that this is something you could not go through again ( also like I have done with other things) and do not. Everyone is different in time you will know which route to take but also allow yourself to grieve
    NE1outthere

Answer by NE1outthere at 6:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Allowing time to grieve is so important. Be good to yourself and allow yourself those emotions. Over time you will accept it and find things to be happy about again. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Time will heal. Although you never forget the baby you lost, the pain will lessen over time. I m/c our first pregnancy back in June so I was due in a few more weeks. It does make me sad to see the other two girls that I know go on ahead with their pregnancies while I lost mine but it isn't there fault, nor any fault of mine. It was a natural m/c and I realized that and have come to terms with that. I will still get teary from time to time; all perfectly normal. We all heal and grieve in different ways so hang in there. This will ease over time.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 8:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You get over a cold. You don't get over a miscarriage BUT you can heal from it.

TIME is the biggest factor is dealing with a miscarriage. This is different for everyone. Some women only need a month and they are ready TTC again. Others are devestated and can't function to TTC or do anything else for a year or more.

Stastically most women who miscarry will be pregnant again by the time the first baby's due date comes around. Being pregnant again DOES tend to make it easier to heal from your miscarriage woud but it will NEVER replace the baby you lost.

Allow yourself time to heal. Find closure. Right now your wound is gapped open and while it may never fully closed it can get smaller.

Join a "Miscarriage Survivor Group." Talking to other people who have been through it is helpful.

Good luck to you and I'm sorry for your loss.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2010