what is one of the easy whys to potty train a 2 year old

leilamama

Asked by leilamama at 8:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Can't potty train unless they are ready. If your child is ready, try putting them on the potty every hour or 2 and just praise them.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• my KIDS WERE ALL TRAINED BETWEEN 14 MONTHE AND 22 MONTHS... I just stayed home as much as possible and let them run in the nude...(make sure you own a steam cleaner...lol) If we were busy playing outside I let them hide behind the fence and go....and before every meal and bath I would sit them on the potty till they atleast pee a little. Make it fun and silly not something like a chore...don't scold em for an oopsie on the carpet...just say.oh noooo we didnt make it to the potty in time this time...you sit on the potty and I will go get that oops cleaned up. and they should want to sit their and try to make you proud.
    twinklstar

Answer by twinklstar at 9:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• The nuddy method really works for the early stages. When they actually SEE the pee coming out, it helps them make that connection. I did this off and on over the summer but my daughter still wanted nothing to do with the potty and jumped off the moment I put her on it. Then I tried it again and when she started, I quickly (and happily) took her to the potty again. This time she SAT on it and finished peeing. That was the beginning for us.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We use a potty ring that goes on our regular toliet. Our two year old LOVES it!! Then he can flush and use a stool to wash his hands.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I am at the conclusion that THERE IS NO EASY WAY!!!!!!! LOL!
    I to am in the process of potty training my 2 yr old son. It's definetly different hen my daughter who was 16 months when she was potty trained. TJ is pee trained but the poop is a different thing and it'll eventually happen. We use a sticker chart and a treasurebox with $1 toys and he can choose one everytime he poops the potty and he gets a sticker if he pees.
    Tara B.
    TaraLB

Answer by TaraLB at 12:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2008