I asked to be placed on the do not call list and he hung up on me...

7015098544 is some health care place offering insurance. I asked if I could be placed on the do not call list cause they call so much it gets irritating, espically when they interupt dinner. Anyways, the guy said," Congradulation! Your the 500th call to NOT, be placed on the do not call list." Then he hung up quickly
anyone else have this problem?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 5:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• report him !
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 5:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If you are registered on the DO NOT CALL list at www.donotcall.gov then they should NOT be calling. You can go on the donotcall.gov site and make a complaint against the company and phone number and time they called. The next time either don't pickup or blow a whistle into the receiver.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• That's rather unprofessional. But as emerald said, if you have registered on the donotcall.gov site, then they are not supposed to call. Make sure you have done so.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• They also have a phone number for the National Do Not Call list 1-888-382-1222. Call from each phone that you want to be placed on the list.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 5:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• BTW I did a search on the number and it didn't give me any listings (if it's a business it would come up as one). Maybe it's a prank call?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• ugh that sucks! it does sound like you had the wrong number though.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You have to register with the government sponsored Do Not Call List in order to be on the list. A third party can't do it for you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2010