When to bake cookies so we have time? but fresh for Christmas?

This year my daughter is 4yo & I think she would have fun baking her own little present up for everyone in the family..

But Im just curious, how far out can you usually bake the cookies so they still taste yummy & fresh?

We spend Christmas Eve with Husbands Family & Christmas day with my family, so they have to be bakes BEFORE Christmas Eve.

Christmas Eve is on a Friday this year.. So would we be safe baking Tuesday & Wednesday.. and then maybe Thursday, if needing a few more..

Or should we wait & do it on Wed. & Thurs?

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• you can make the dough up ahead of time and freeze it if you want.....thaw and bake.....we always made a ton of cookies when I was a child, my mom swore on charles chips can to store them in but any good sealing cookie tin should do...
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 5:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• i would do the dough ahead of time and freeze it.
    i wonder if you could freeze raw cut outs? that would be nice too.
    if i had frozen cut outs, then i would bake and decorate the day before i needed them.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• ^^^That is what I would do.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would wait until christmas eve thats the best time to cook and get ready for christmas
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You could even bake the weekend before the trick is the air tight container and decorate/frost on Thursday. Once baked cool completely then put in air tight container ( do not open until ready to decorate or serve) keep in cool location . You should be good.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 6:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Make the dough and freeze unbaked but shaped (rolled & cut out, or blobs, depending on the kind) and bake at any time, or bake and freeze (undecorated if you're going to decorate) any time already starting now.
    Anonymous

• Yes that is also what we do too. Make the dough, cut out, & freeze. U can do that with all cookie dough. Make when ur ready or a little at a time. Quick & easy.
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Kohl's has a book that gives you cookie recipes and freezing directions on some of them. They are big batch too. The book is only $5 and the money goes to charity.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2010