Will you change your Facebook profile picture for a few days? Why - read below ...

Changeyour FB profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood. The goal? To not see a human face on FB till Monday, December 6th. Join the fight against child abuse & copy & paste to your status to invite your friends to do the same. (even though I have no idea how this fights child abuse but whatever).

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Technology

• I am not doing it because seriously, like you say, what good does it do? Make you "aware" of child abuse? I think most people are aware of child abuse. Putting up a pic of a smurf isn't going to stop my next door neighbor from beating their kid..but a call to the police might. How about sending some money to some place that works with people to help prevent child abuse? That sounds like a more helpful thing then changing a picture on facebook for a few days! Its like the old thing your mom says to you as a kid: "Eat all your dinner! There are starving kids in India!" How is that going to help a starving kid? How about mailing them some food!
    Anonymous

• Already done, both of my FB pages LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I did that a couple days ago.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Changed mine to miss piggy and kermit tonight!
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have been trying but I can't get anything to copy....I tried saving one to my pictures,then uploadingf it to Facebook but it wouldn't save to JPG...only Bitmap.WHY?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010