How can you save a red sauce?

We went to Lideo's pasta & Pizza the other night. The lasagna was horrible. I swear the red sauce (lets not even give it the proper term gravy) was bitter and tasteless and the pasta was mushy. It was obvious it all came from a can. I could only eat a few bites, but I took it home since I didn't want to waste food. Does anyone have any ideas on how to spruce it up?
I'm thinking dicing it in a pan with some olive oil, basil, thyme, garlic and turmeric, but is there any way to keep it from turning into mush?

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 6:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Since your pasta was over cooked, there's really no saving it. I would remove it, cook some fresh pasta and use the red sauce and meat to make a sauce for your pasta. Season it with some sauted onions, garlic, green pepper and mushrooms (if you like them) and some diced carrot to take out the bitter flavor. Really, if it were me I would chuck the leftovers and start from scratch, I think it would be easier.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• don't waste anymore money on this chalk it up as a loss.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 6:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• you have to season it to your liking add some garlic parsley onion powder pepper a little sugar and it should be ok
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You're not going to save that IMO. I wouldn't have even taken it home, I would have said flat-out that my meal was awful.
    Anonymous

• Well since everyone else didn't have a problem with it (outside of my family) I thought it must be a question of taste preference. I doctored it up and tried it again and now my dog is finishing it. The amount of acid in it was horrifying.
    elizabooks

Comment by elizabooks (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2010