Please Help! (ear infections)

My child is three and has had probs with them since day one. We've tried tubes and they worked for a bit, but now it's worse then ever. i'm thinking or trying the tubes again. What do you think?

Goodniteandgo

Asked by Goodniteandgo at 6:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Aww poor baby. I wish the best for you.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 6:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I'm sorry! Have you tried a little bit of perioxide in his ears?
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Do the tubes again. They fall out and/or dissolve and you need to do them again. My dd has them and if they fell out Id redo them. My bf had them several times as a kid and shes fine now. Talk to your childs ENT and go from there. But def have them put back in
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• thanks. im at my ends with this.
    Goodniteandgo

Comment by Goodniteandgo (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• @ Moms_Angels1960.. Yeah we did with a q tip and it didn't help much. It worked for about an hr then it started draining all over.
    Goodniteandgo

Comment by Goodniteandgo (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Sorry then I guess I would o with tubes again. I know they told my daughter to use the peroixide that's why I suggested it. Good Luck. Some kids are just prone to repeat ear infections.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Have you tried bringing him to the Chiropractor? They can do an adjustment that will help the ears drain.
    micurdal

Answer by micurdal at 6:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I work for a chiropractor. You should find a chiropractor that works on children. The muscles in the neck will close the tubes and not allow the fluid to drain which will cause an ear infection. I would try this before anything. Good luck! I do take my children in also to get adjusted and they love it!
    rbade

Answer by rbade at 9:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Well my daughter had back to back infections the cure for us was vitamin C therapy. We dosed her up 3x a day at that point we used liquid. It is water soluble so you have to try to give it often. She got sick after we started it but never had another ear infection. She was at the point where she slept up with pillows. Good luck, let me know if it works for you.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2010