Why are people so consumed with one race of Obama, when the fact is he is a mixture of TWO wonderful races?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think this question is stirring up the pot....I think it's a legit question. She's not being mean about it. His blackness is focused on because he is the first to be any kind of race to run for president other than white...I believe, or at least make it to be a canidate. And since it is black and not Asian or anything, it's made even more of a hype because of slavery and how much history and America has changed for any race to become President Elect.
    MamaNic

Answer by MamaNic at 10:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• True. My only hope is that people voted for him for what he stands for, not a skin color.
    Obama credits his mother and grandmother with his upbringing. He is proud to be who he is. ALL that he is. I think people should stop looking at him as someone that is only the first black president. He is proud of his mixture. We should just stand behind him as a man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Thank You! I feel the same
    braydensmom925

Answer by braydensmom925 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Well, because even though technically he is equally of two races, he looks black...and if you look black, that's how society treats you.
    lovemydivas

Answer by lovemydivas at 9:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Technically he's a mixture of 3 races. He's half white, a portion black, and the rest middle eastern. He's multi-racial, not bi-racial and definitely not "the first black president" like they are touting him to be.

I think it's better that he's our first multiracial president personally. :)
    Looking2Adopt1

Answer by Looking2Adopt1 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• FYI - you can't "choose" one race over another. If you are mixed, you are mixed. I've seen black people that look white yet they claim their correct heritage...not one that others see them as. I've seen whites that look black (due to some mixing in the past even though their parents were white) and they claim white because they are, even though they don't look it.

You don't pick and choose your heritage. It's already chosen for you. It's up to you to be PROUD of it. He's just not proud of his mixed heritage IMO
    Looking2Adopt1

Answer by Looking2Adopt1 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• That is because in this country, even one drop of black, makes the rest of the world classify you as a black person. Do your history. It doens't matter if you are mixed. Millions of black slaves who were conceived out of rape by their white slave masters were seen as black children. They weren't allowed to be white and free because they were part white. They were black, point blank. Our society birthed this way to racially categorize people...check it out.
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Obama is 50% white, 49% Arab and 1% black. He is multiracial, but he associates with his skin color and so do other people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• stir the pot ...keep stirring......get over it questions like this keep it going...........

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• he is not freakin arab. is dad was a black african male from Africa!!! for crying out loud. so that makes him half black and half white. geez!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2008