Do you think its ok to let your baby cry for a while, i mean if theyre fed and changed and u know they are safe ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes!!! it wont hurt them....long as its not for too long
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 6:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes...A few minutes won't hurt them if you know they are fed, burped, dry & safe
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes.. I did it with dd and she was fine. I let her learn to soothe herself. The crying lasted no longer than 10 minutes. I feel taht if they are changed, fed and burped then theyre just fine JMO
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Of course don't let anyone tell you differently. You can't be a super hero all the time for your baby.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes, it is not good to pick them up at every cry.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Follow your instincts. I'm not a COI parent, but sometimes, you need to rinse the shampoo from your hair, or put them in the crib and let them cry while you calm yourself down.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• No, I don't. Babies cry because they are in need of something, sometimes that something is just a little love and attention... I would never deny them that.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My kids are both still alive and healthy:)
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• To keep your sanity...YES.
    k_hall1784

Answer by k_hall1784 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Define 'a while' like a min or 2 while you finish loading the dishwasher or for 20 min. And what age baby are we talking about a 9 week old or a 9 month old?

AS a parent we learn our children cries. We know when they are in pain or danger. If my baby cries I know they need something even if it just to know I am still there. If I need to finish something up like loading the dishwasher and I know it is not a hurt cry then sure a min or 2 is fine. An older baby maybe a little longer but again only if it is fussing. Never when it is full on crying.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010