1st time mom...is anyone else scared?

Is anyone else scared about becoming a first time mom? I am having anxiety about it. I can't even see her without crying, it all becomes so real. I haven't bought anything for her yet because we really can't afford it and I'm scared she will be still born. They say everything is perfect but my fears are getting the best of me.

Anyone else scared like me?

AshBaldwin011

Asked by AshBaldwin011 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was def worried about her being still born but all that anxiety is completely normal. Get out and do more things to keep your mind off of it. Its def normal though
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Its completely normal to be scared. I am pregnant with my second and still terrified.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think we'd be more concerned if you WEREN'T nervous! LOL It's a BIG deal becoming a mom, and it's a MAJOR life change. If course you're anxious! If you felt like you knew it all, that's when there's something to worry about. Your child doesn't need much. A car seat, diapers, a few clothing items, a place to sleep, and the boob! And LOTS of love! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Actually the birthing process was the hard part for me even when told that everything was going well, and having taken a la maze class for natural childbirth. Of course, there is always apprehension about the whole thing.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I was scared when i was pregnant with my son. I was so worried the whole time. I was scared cause we had no money to get anything when i was 8 months along we still didn't have a crib. So I know how you feel it's perfectly natural
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Me! I'm only 20 and have no idea what I'm doing. I also don't have much for baby either. Don't worry about having a stillborn...it does happen, but it's very rare and there's no point in worrying! You will do just fine and so will I! i work at MCDONALDS so i have no money either.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 10:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes I am worried and anxious...but you need to not stress yourself out...that isn't healthy for you or her. I am sure you will be a great mother, I say that because you are worried if you weren't even a little anxious then I would worry. If you are still worried WIC can help you take care of you both. I wish I could say everything will be ok, but I can't....all I can say is don't stress yourself out. If she is meant to be here then everything will be alright.
    TinyDancer13

Answer by TinyDancer13 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• awww! ~hug~ being scared is a good sign that you are going to be a great mama. there is nothing more frightening than the list of what ifs that race through your mind every time you are expecting. as far as not buying anything yet, its best to buy just one or two little things at a time. it will help to spread out the expenses and the more prepared you are for bringing baby home the more comfortable you will feel about the whole thing. best of luck!!
    AbsynthLynn

Answer by AbsynthLynn at 12:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I went through the same thing. I think its normal.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Same here I'm scared of being a mom, its my first baby & I'm afraid I won't do a good job as a mother. But I think its normal for all first time moms to feel this way. I'm a week away til my due date & I still feel like I'm not ready, I think our mother instincts will kick in as soon as we see our lil bundle of joy. I wish u the best of luck with your baby : )
    nora_flores

Answer by nora_flores at 4:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010