How much?

If you baby sit can you tell me how much you do/would charge to watch 2 kids a one year old and a three year old? It will probably only be a few hours here and there.

butterfly2momma

Asked by butterfly2momma at 8:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• I will charge by hour. Also it varies in every state. I would probably negotiate between $10 and $11.00 an hour if you are in IL.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 9:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I am in TN
    butterfly2momma

Answer by butterfly2momma at 9:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You could check out on craigslist to see how much are other babysitter charging. Go to Craigslist. com and under the community, childcare section you will see ads posted by other babysitters.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 9:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Check out Babysitters.com and see what other people in your area are charging. Then you can get a good idea of what it would be in your area. Around here it's $4-5/hour...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Thankfully, I get charged $5.75 an hour for my two --- the state recommends here $4.75 first child, $4 the second child. So I'm defiinitely getting the good deal!
    However, I would take into consideration the kids' temperments as well as how your children act around them. Feel out what you think is the honest & fair amount for that person...
    qvmmommy

Answer by qvmmommy at 11:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Well sense we have been friends for 9 years roommates and all and our children have been together sense they were born I have decided to charge $2 an hour per child. Her hubby and I have been friends for probably 12 or 13 years and I'm taking all of that into consideration.
    butterfly2momma

Answer by butterfly2momma at 12:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• WHen i watched kids that age i would get $15 per diapered kid and $10 for kids out of diapers who are not yet in school and $5 for the kids who mostly watched themselfs.
    I baby sat from age 14 till about 18 i was pregnant with my son while babysitting at the end so she gave me an extra $10 per day since i was in my last trimester. Then again i knew her from age 16 and watched her 4 kids for 12 hours a day from age 16 till 17 and then a little while i was pregnant.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 2:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• thought i would add the amount per kid was per hour not day the extra 10 was per day
    youngarmywife