Christmas traditions

So what is your favorite christmas tradition as a child or now as a parent? Want to start some great traditions with my kids.

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 7:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• Every year on December 4th my family goes to a little Christmas Shop about and hour away from where my mom lives (about 3 hours from where I live now!) The ornaments are all handmade by an older couple and their family who create them as their hobby. We've been doing it since I was a little girl and I will continue to do it every year. In fact we are at my mother's this weekend because we are going tomorrow! Then we set up the Christmas tree that night and have a big dinner and desert finished with Christmas movies. It's the start to our holiday traditions and being together as a family.
    mommysarahbeth

Answer by mommysarahbeth at 7:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• one Dec 23 we take a car ride at night and search for houses that have lights and we see how many we can find. One Christmas eve everyone can open one present before bed and my son and I bake cookies for Santa
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I always loved curling up in my Mom's lap while she read us "Twas the Night Before Christmas". My oldest child was only 2 mos old her first Christmas and I bought her the book and we read it every year. I also love listening to Christmas carols while decorating the tree.

jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 7:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• As a Child we would always play Christmas music while decorating the Christmas tree and after that we would all make browines with our special recipie!
    kayleesmommy503

Answer by kayleesmommy503 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2010