follow up to the question I asked last night about pics at a funeral

The rest of my family talked my aunt out of taking pics of my grandma in her casket. She went in after she was moved to the chapel to take pics of the flowers and pics we had up. No one in the family was very pleased with the idea of pics of their mom in her casket,to say the least. Even the funearal home was uncomfortable with that.
The funeral was very nice by the way. She looked very peaceful.They did an excellent job with her.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• What a sicko! She should remember her in life and cherish the pics in life. I hate when people do that at funerals. It's so disrespectful to the families.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 7:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I understand it is pretty important for some people to have those pictures though I never understood it myself...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• she shouldve went by the rests feelings
    sweetfaithbites

Answer by sweetfaithbites at 7:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I did not see your other question, but I will say that I was thoroughly shocked when I went to Iowa for my Grandfather's funeral and the family took pictures. Then later at my Grandma's house the family going through other funeral pictures. I found it to be extremely morbid and weird, but it was perfectly normal to them.

♥ Sorry for your loss ♥
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Sorry for your loss, I am glad it all worked out in a respectful manner.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• In the south it is somewhat common for people to take pictures at the funeral. I personally wouldn't do it, but does happen. I also used to work in a one hour photo lab and we often developed pictures from funerals.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have pictures of my Grandma in her casket... it was the last time I'd ever get to see her again. I don't know how they did what they did but she looked about 30 years younger, and like she was sleeping peacefully... a far cry from the last time I saw her alive.. maybe that's what it is, maybe I wanted to see that peaceful look on her face so that every time I start to miss her, I can look at it and see that she's finally at peace.
    The pics I took were in the funeral home tho, not during the service and not with anyone else in the room with me but my hubby.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I don't see what the big deal is. Everyone greives differently, and maybe your aunt chooses to remember by taking photographs. Death is another part of life, and should not be considered something to cover up or forget. Celebrate in life and in death as part of life's cycles. Do not pass judgement, lest ye be judged.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010