Do you wish you could go back to before you became a mom?

I do sometimes. The kids get all wired up and get to going 100mph. They start screaming, fighting, crying... I sometimes feel as f my life is nothing but this house and these four walls. My dh and I dont get ANY alone time and our relationship is having difficulty because of it. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but sometimes I just sit and reminice about how it was before.

k_hall1784

Asked by k_hall1784 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sure, I think about the old times and miss it but nothing can compare to how much I love my life now. I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything! Sure, I have lots of bad days due to my daughter's temper and other things, but the good days outweigh the bad!

poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think everyone feels that way from time to time...you are not alone.

All I do when I feel this way is think of one or two of my friends who physically can not have kids and how their life is....all about work...and then I feel better.

It is such a short time too....before you know it your kids will be grown and gone and the house will be clean and quiet and you will wish for the noise and mess again.

Hard to see that in the midst of chaos...but try to slow down and think about it like that to get your through :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• no,I wasn't very happy back then.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I do feel that way sometimes. But then I call up a family member to see if they can babysit for a night so my hubby and I can remember WHY we go through the stress in the first place. Try it, it's like medicine for a couple of weeks. Then you'll need to arrange another night or weekend.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 7:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• honestly I haven't ever thought about it. My sister just asked me that the other day. She asked me if I ever wish my kids would just hurry up and grow up? I said no why? She said it's just (her sons name) is such a handful sometimes. Althoug I planned both mine and this one so I new what I was getting myself into lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Sometimes, but when I start to feel like that, then we get a babysitter for the night or a weekend and ws cohen I come back I feel better. This weekend my mom is coming to stay with the kids while hubby and i go out of town. When i come back on Monday, I will feel much better and appreciate them again.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• And before you know it, they are grown and gone away. Try to get some time alone - you'll feel better.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Oh YES! I absolutely loved my pre-kid life... Since I've had children just the normal day to day seems like it's a struggle... I wouldn't want to give up my family, but it would be awesome to have a chance to go back to that once in a while...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• No not yet
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2010