did I get the job? He didnt really say.....but.....

After two interviews the manager handed me paperwork and I have to get a drug test on monday. He didnt exactly say "you got the job", but does the drug test pretty (which I will pass) pretty much mean I got the job? If I didnt get the job they wouldnt have bothered right??

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 7:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• The drug test costs an employer money, therefore, it's the VERY LAST thing they do in the hiring process. If you were the only candidate interviewed and sent for a drug test, you pretty much have the job.
    Unless you fail the drug test. No employer is going to waste the money to do a drug test on someone they have not planned on hiring.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 11:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'd say more than likely you got the job. Drug tests are expensive and most employers do not want to pay for them unless they are interested in hiring someone.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• That really sounds kind of rude though, don't ya think? He should have explained what that means to you. He could have said I am contemplating your hire, depending upon the drug test results.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I wish he had said more, but it is encouraging. Some have several people take the tests, though, so it isn't a given. Good luck!! I hope you get it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• No, the drug test does not mean you have the job. It is an encouraging sign though. I have been to the point of taking the drug test to be told that I passed (no surprise there) but did not get the job. You can never assume anything is this economy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Ask for a written offer

Answer by rkoloms at 9:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes if you pass then you got the job..CONGRATS
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 3:19 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It does sound like it. But it would depend on the type of paperwork he gave you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2010