Baby Momma DRAMA!

To start off my step son's mother and I DO NOT get along. Anything I say she does the exact opposite. Just for an example I suggested to my husband we establish a bed time it worked for about two weeks and then she came up with her own idea that they were letting him stay up so he would sleep in on weekends she didn't have to work. (UGH!) He comes to stay with us two weeks, then to his mom's the next. (My husband is working on getting full custody because the mother is proven to be unfit) Things are getting extremely difficult and I just wish I knew how to cope. I don't know where I can step in and where it's none of my business. My husband and I are a complete team and go to each other on everything. I just don't want to feel like I am putting my nose in where it doesn't belong but then again I feel like his mother because she refuses to do the mothering! Any advice?

mommysarahbeth

Asked by mommysarahbeth at 7:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I would suggest you talk to your DH, and have him be the one to communicate with his exwife. You two can make rules and such (like the bedtime) that work for you house, and he can discuss it with the ex. The thing about having 2 households is that the other party does not have to agree or abide by the rules you set for your house.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Keep talking to your husband but let him approach the ex. You have the right to your opinion and be part of the parenting team, especially if he will be living with you and your husband has custody. Just tread carefully.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Im in the same boat! Its hard to know when to say something, or when to sit back sometimes... i cannot STAND how my step daughters mother "mothers" her half the time..but its NOT my business how she chooses to do what she wants with her child.. She comes over in sweatpants(i swear thats all she owns over there) even when her mom knows we are going to CHURCH. her hair is rarely brushed, and she never wants to leave when she is here because she says she has to play by herself there. its heartbreaking...but just make sure you hold up your end, the rest will HOPEFULLY fall into place!!!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 7:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2010