I can't take bringing my daughter to day care - she is sick again. My poor baby has been sick on and off for a month now. And a really bad diaper rash. I'm going to see if I can get laid off with a severence/benefits so I can at least be home with her for 6 months. And eventually I will go back part time do u think Im nuts??

TaylorBuz

Asked by TaylorBuz at 9:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you can do it go for it.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I understand, I am a Mom of 2 Kids. 1 is in the 1st grade & the other 1 is 4 yrs old. I wouldn't let my children go into daycare If I can help it.. I work part-time & It's truly a blessing to be able to take care of them myself. No one will take care of them like you.. My 1st child was in Daycare for 4wks when I starting working a full-time job.. They didn't take care of him, he was sick, all the time, & he always had a diaper rash.. I say if you can work a part-time job go for it.. Our children is all we have. No one is going to take care of them like we do.. God Bless in whatever decision you make.
    1muffin

Answer by 1muffin at 9:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• and no I don't think your nuts, besides our children love having us around.
    1muffin

Answer by 1muffin at 9:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You are not nuts. I pretty much did the same thing. I told my job I was quitting b/c my dd wasd alwas sick & at the rate I was missing work I was barely making enough to cover the daycare costs. They decided to work with me. So now although I make a bit less I am working from home nights & during dd naps so I can keep her home with me. She hasn't been sick once sice I brought her home.
    mandy88

Answer by mandy88 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• That is great I hope my job decides to work with me also, I already sent the email and my boss told me she would discuss it later with me - we shall see.. I wish they would just let me work from home - I know I could do both. What type of work do u do?
    TaylorBuz

Answer by TaylorBuz at 1:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I am with you Mandy88. I was working at a daycare and my daughter came with me but they didn't take infants so my son had to go to a home daycare. I was barely making enough to cover my son's childcare costs and getting money taken out of my check for my daughter's daycare and I would bring home like $100 every 2 weeks. When TJ was 5 months, my husband told me to go to work and quit. The next week I started a home daycare and I charged $75 a week for full time care and $50 for part time care. I made so much more money and I got to stay home with my kids and we had alot less illness then we did in daycare.
    Taylobuz, I hope things work out for you at work. You are completely sane for feeling the way you do.
    Tara b.
    TaraLB

Answer by TaraLB at 12:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2008