why?

my best friend is pregnant, shes the sweetest girl in the world hurts no one but dresses as most Christians around my house would say "evil" (all black, dark makeup, stretched ears, pentagram tattoo) she does nothing to these people except walk by them to visit her old high school, and they scream at her about how shes going to be a bad mother and her kids are going to have no morals because shes not christian, they also say that her kids will go to hell and be one of those bad kids that ditch school and do drugs, what surprises me is that she just walks away,she has a little anger problem but she can hide stuff very well

but what i dont get is why would so many Christians say that her and her soon to be born child have no/will have no morals, its stupid just because shes not christian and is some other religion(s) and looks different doesnt mean she has no morals

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Remember when Christ lived among us the "Religious Leaders" said basically the same things to him. I suppose that makes her closer to Christ then they are. Please forgive them.

CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 8:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• she doesn't believe in anything the bible says actually, shes a satanist, pagan,wiccan, and an atheist, she doesnt believe in any higher power just likes the concepts of those religions
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• For the same reason I've been told those things... For the same reason I've had things thrown at me... For the same reason MOST people like her (and myself) have to deal with those aspects of life... Because people are insecure about how others choose to live. It leaves way to many questions open for them. They are told from little up if you don't fit in to their religions little box of what is or isn't okay then they simply aren't moral, or decent or "normal."

It's insecurity and fear - plain and simple!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• @m-avi yeah me telling a story about what goes on almost everyday makes me a troll.....idiot
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Ignorance, in a word. People fear what they don't understand, and they usually don't want to change that and actually learn about something/someone new, so they just resort to hasty, harsh judgments. I got that kind of crap ALL the time from people, even when I WAS a Christian. I dressed in a lot of black (still do), dark makeup, etc. People are just too darn judgmental.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Wow m-avi. I don't know what to say to that except to ask you how you've never seen or heard about something like that. Stuff like that happens ALL the time to people who don't look and act like the majority.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We want to remind everyone involved in this post that community members are expected to contribute constructively to CafeMom Answers. Differing and diverse opinions are welcome, but repeated attacks on a person are not. They pollute the environment, don’t drive the discussion forward and demonstrate a lack of respect.

Please keep this in mind then next time you post. We’ve made a note of this thread for future reference.

-> The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 8:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I must have posted at the same time as you. How does that make her seem like a troll? That's pretty much the only way to describe how those kinds of people think. I know, because I grew up with one. My mom was constantly telling me I was going to hell because I wore black all the time. Thankfully she's grown up a lot, but there are TONS of people out there who think and speak like that. I think that was just the best way the OP could describe the attitude towards her friend.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• m-avi i was just pointing out what she looks like to give you all an idea of why these people say stuff to her...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Okay, then I stand corrected. I thought you were trying to inflame the people on this board who are not Christians. I apologize.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010