am i overreacting??

Dh went to the bank to pay our overdue bills. He said he was coming straight home and after an hour I called him and hes at the bar with OUR friends playing quizzo and having a great time. Im pissed because we were gonna go out to dinner and dd was gonna go to his moms house. Am I wrong for wanting to follow through with plans even though he did us a great thing by going to the bank? Does he deserve to go the bar an neglect our plans? Does your dh/so do this? Would you be pissed?...Obvi hes done this before or I wouldnt ask

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd be pissed if we made plans and then my hubs decided at the last minute to do something else--- and did not tell me or come and get me (to join him)! In fact I would call up a few friends and tell them that I will be 'free' that night and lets have a 'gals night out'. Then I would call hubs on his cell and tell him that he has to come home, and as soon as he walks in the door I'd hand him the kids and say "Have fun with the kids. I'ts MY turn to go out and have fun!". He would also have to do major groveling and sucking up to get back in my good graces again....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• First off why do you think that him going to the bank would need to be rewarded?? Why is it such a great thing?? It is his responsability as much as yours to take care of the home and the bills related to that. I wouldn't be pissed off, I would be hurt and I would let him know his ass had better be home asap to take care of his daughter while you go out to dinner. Tell him those were your plans and you intend to keep them. Let him know if he doesn't get his ass home that you will bring the child to him.....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I'd be VERY pissed!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 8:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Id be super mad... saying youre going to pay the bills and coming straight home doesnt say anywhere "im going to the bar to hang out with friends after, we can do dinner another time"
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 8:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I'd be very mad. It sounds like he doesn't care about your feelings.

My SO wouldn't do this unless he called to make sure it was ok first. But, if we already had plans, he wouldn't do it in the first place.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Just a thought .....Why don't you bring DD to MIL's and got to dinner yourself. Go to a movie or do something quiet just for you. Leave the butt hole to fend for himself for the evening.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 8:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would be mad too. Thats something that needs to be done and if yoy had plans and he just goes off by himself that very selfish.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would be pissed. He didn't do some wonderful for thing by paying your bills, he did whats normal in a marriage. No my husband wouldn't do this. Relationships are 2 way streets. He should have consulted you before going out (at the very least)...and if he had plans already with you, he should have honored them.

Anonymous

• I would be more than pissed! Do you have any girlfriends? Take the baby to gramma''s house and go out to dinner with them! Party the night away! Have a good time! Tell him tomorrow that if that's the way he wants it-fine! But you aren't going to be the one always left at home while he goes out and has a good time!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• @mamaalice...Most of my friends either have kids or are single and have plans..:( Def a great idea! Thanks ladies! I appreciate your inputs. Its nice to know that Im not acting like a brat!
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2010