Is it a governmental system under the guise of religion?

Is Islam a governmental system under the guise of religion?

Again and again we see stories such as this one,
http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2010/12/moderate-imam-who-preaches-non-violence-breaks-wifes-nose-shoulder-while-screaming-quotes-from-koran/

Sharia law encourages actions as this man used.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Not sure, but I think someone's posing ignorant, trouble-starting questions under the guise of intelligence.
    Anonymous

• I'll have to drink to the above. Sorry....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• drinking beer

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• So you ladies above are okay with a religion that condones a man almost beating his wife to death because she wanted to be more "western." You are okay with him preaching how peaceful his faith is and then spouting words from his holy book while beating his wife............ya'll are sick.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Um, I read the story. I still don't understand the question. I do understand why you posted such an inflammatory question under anon, though. So your assertion is that this guy beat his wife because of Islam, or because he is Muslim. Well, you are full of it. How many women get beat under the guise of Christianity, or with no relation to religion at all? Troll.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• OP, in some countries it IS.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• So you ladies above are okay with a religion that condones a man almost beating his wife to death because she wanted to be more "western."
    _____________________________
    What religion is that? That is NOT in Islam. This guy is just an abusive asshole. They come in all religions.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• No it doesn't asshat.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Not according to the Muslims I know and I'll trust them over anon internet trolls. It's my understanding that such actions are NOT supported by the Q'uran.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If you're really wanting a better understanding I suggest you take the time to educate yourself on Islam, its tenants, teachings, and history. And from unbiased, reliable sources, not anything that takes surahs from the Quran out of context. Actually talk to some Muslims - there are many lovely Muslimahs right here on CM.

Perpetuating ignorance and prejudice under the guise of understanding doesn't cut it, though.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2010