powder or liquid formula?

i use similac pre made stuff usually but lately the stores have been out.. so i bought the powder and then after that i went to go buy more and they only had the concentrate.... im going crazy because i would like to stick with one type. even tho they are the same brand... im afraid this will hurt my 5 week olds tummie but i cant purchase something they dont have... any suggestions, comments, or expeirences?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 8:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I found the powder to be best, and I always used Enfamil.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Me too! I use Enfamil Lipil. As far as what your doing, I think it will be okay!!

khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Personally I'd stick with the powder and buy in twos if your store doesn't restock quickly - that way when you finish a can you can check to see if they have more but if they don't you have a can in reserve. Depending on where you live, powder is the most universal where liquid is hit and miss and ounce for ounce it's less expensive.
    V.Dubbya

Answer by V.Dubbya at 8:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We preferred Similac, but the powder. It was easier to use since you could take it anywhere and just use warm/hot water from the tap... Plus, cheaper than the ready made stuff...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I never found that it made a difference as long as you stick to one brand.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• neither one of my babies could use or liked the powder. My doctor also told me he didn't want them on powder anyway because it doesn't mix up in the water and can cause a back up..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We use the powder formula ( started on Similac Sensitive and moved to Enfamil R.S) As far as switching between liquid and powder, I would make a point to stock up on which ever one you prefer.
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• we try.... our local stores are always out of one or the other.. we clean the shelves but w twins we go thru it pretty fast
    FITmama2B

Comment by FITmama2B (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I use the powder
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I don't think it really matters. Both probably taste like crap anyways haha. My son gets powdered Enfamil Lipil he likes it just fine. As far as the powder not mixing in the water that's only if you don't shake it well. I mix it for like 30 seconds and check the bottom for chunks. It's always well-combined.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 7:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010