Can I get a moment.?.

I had my baby boy on the 24th . And since then i haven had company.. None of which i invited... My mil comes EVERY day.. Without even calling... And then she invites her friends over without even asking if we are ok with it. It's driving me crazy. I don't want to be rude but I don't want to see you every single dAy.. How to deal with this?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Put a note on your front door that says "SHHHHH, new mom and baby sleeping. Please call before visiting"
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Just tell her.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• By telling her
    Or by having your DH/So tell her
    You need to set ground rules, or she will talk all over you
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• maybe you could tell your MIL that even though you love the fact that she is so excited about this baby and wants to see the baby all the time you need to have a few days of quit family time so you can relax and bond. And maybe throw in there that you would like it if she called before coming over just in case the baby is sleeping or maybe you are resting
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Its hard but shes being rude to you by coming over uninvited. Let her know gently but firmly you need time to recover and "guests" are just causing you more work. Good luck.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 8:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yikes. You need to say something to her. My aunts all did that to me too. I hated it. It made it so uncomfortable for me. You have to just be honest and tell her how you are feeling. She is probably overlooking that with all the excitement.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Tell her. If you don't it will continue and she will think that she is welcome whenever with whomever she wants to bring with her.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• HEY,

Can you watch the baby while i take a shower ?

Can you tend to the baby while, i wash clothes ?

Can you do this or that ?

If mamas, or in-laws, friends, can not come by to help ????

F*** them, ASK THEM for help !!!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2010