You say strict gun control laws work?

The crazie's will turn to crossbows?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101203/ap_on_re_ca/cn_canada_crossbow_murder_2#mwpphu-container

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I don't say that... Criminals don't listen to the laws, all they do is limit the freedoms of those of us who actually abide by the rules.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I think, based on the number of gun crimes that are comitted by unregistered or stolen firearms, it's fair to say most of our gun control laws are ineffective.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

And what do you propose to change that? I could make a gun myself if I wanted to. It really isn't that hard. Or I could rig a ball point pen to fire a lethal 22 shoot. No laws will prevent criminals from having guns. just as they don't prevent people from doing drugs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• It's funny you mentioned drugs cause i was going to include the war on drugs as another example of ineffective policies.

I would propose doing away with both. I'm not a red tape kind of gal.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Just wondered what your thoughts were UpSheRises:)
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I agree UpSheRises
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• The laws are not ineffective. The problem is that they're not enforced. You can make a million laws, but if no one enforces them they're useless. There shouldn't be so many rediculous restrictions that keep honest people from protecting themselves either. As others have said, criminals find ways around things anyway.
    Crazy_Daze

Answer by Crazy_Daze at 12:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• one news story? really?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I didn't say that. Criminals that will rob your house or and shoot you will not have a problem illegally owning a gun.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 12:35 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• considering we don't have house inspections, no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors, so to some extent I'd have to say that no law is 100% going to work as long as there's not 100% monitoring going on. As long as people have any amount of privacy, thats pretty much their chance to bend the rules.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:31 AM on Dec. 4, 2010