OMG...my mother just pissed me off to no end...

She calls me for whatever...ask how things are going and I tell her "well my SO told me the other day that one day he may just leave and never come back. He also said that it's just not in him to get affectionate WITH ME. Maybe another women may bring it out of him but not me...so mom, I probably going to start looking for a place of my own." She says "well...imagine with you've put him through after he cheated an you just can't let it go..." I just said "mom, I'll talk to you later" and hung up. I am her ONLY child and she has always been like this with me. She even goes as far as "they're men...they all cheat". I'm so pissed right now...I can't see straight. Anybody elses mom take everyone elses side besides their own child? I know I don't.

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• My mom isn't the most supportive or loving mom either, I've just learned not too expect much else from her, sad I know but that's how it is...I'm not going to lie, it hurts me a lot, especially when she's nothing but sweetness and love for my brother and sister and law and she treats me like crap (unless she needs something from me), but since I can't change it I stay away from her and only see her a couple times a month and when she starts being batty I make up an excuse and leave. I'm sorry you're in that situation, try to look for the love and acceptance you don't get from her elsewhere, like your child (ren),a friend,a sibling,etc, good luck :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 9:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Been ther done that. My mother always took my ex's side no matter what we foughtabout. Hell even now that we have been divorced for a year, seperated for over 2 she still defends him. The best advice I can give you is to sit down and actually have a face to face talk. Tell her exactly how you feel, I wish I could to tell you it will all fix itself, but it won't. You need to stand up for yourself and let your mother know that you are a grown woman and you are her daughter...she should always support you!
    TinyDancer13

Answer by TinyDancer13 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Your mother is an idiot.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• hugs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• yup most of the time
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• my mom does all the time she even tells me that i make men want to leave so hunny ur not the only one i promise and there is 6 of us
    Sara_Carter

Answer by Sara_Carter at 10:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• frustratedi am so sorry that happened, tell her straight up how she made u feel! been there, done that!!

shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 11:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yup my mom does it its infuriating!
    Logan17000

Answer by Logan17000 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010