Help...

I just found out I am pregnant on Sunday. We are so excited, and worried, I had a chemical prenancy in September and when I told my mother the look of relief on her face killed me. She doesn't like my boyfriend, but we have been together for 2 years now and couldn't be happier. I am planning on telling my family at our christmas gathering since my first appointment isn't until January...any advice?

TinyDancer13

Asked by TinyDancer13 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• How old are you?
    Is your boyfriend worthy?? Does he have a job or any point in life?
    If not i could understand why your mom doesnt like him.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I will be 25 in Feb. Yes he is worthy, he has a job, he is also enrolled in college in the culinary department. He is always supportive of me and my decisions. He cooks dinner, we are still in the "honeymoon stage" of our relationship and I just really wish she could see that.
    TinyDancer13

Comment by TinyDancer13 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You might want to let them know either before or after the Christmas gathering, not during. Or at least what family you feel more comfortable telling before. It will not cause such a "scene" at the family get together if people aren't going to be supportive of you and might be not as happy as you about the news.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 5:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2010