only felt baby move once. whats wrong?

this is my second pregnancy and ill be 18 wks on sunday i have only felt baby move once whats wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nothing,its probably attached on the back wall. You may not feel it as much until its gets much bigger

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• might be nothing. 18 wks is still early to be feeling much more than the occasional movement. Plus, if baby is turned toward your back, you won't likely feel the movement at all. If you're concerned, call your pedi and ask, but it's prolly nothing. I'm 19 wks and have only felt the baby a few times. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Not all babies are equal, they do not move the same. I agree with BisketLiss see your OB if you continue to worry
    Villamoma

Answer by Villamoma at 8:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Like the PP's said, baby could be facing your back or your placenta may be on your belly. I hardly ever felt my 3rd pregnancy due to his placenta being against my belly. If you do have any concerns though, do talk to your dr. If anything, you may want to invest in a home dopplar. I have a friend how has one and LOVES it! Totally worth every penny!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 9:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If you're only 18 weeks you might not feel the baby move for even another couple of weeks! I know it sucks! But some women don't feel their baby move at all until 24-25 weeks! At 18 weeks all I felt were a couple flutters and ONE definite kick.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Don't worry! I barely felt my first move and was put on a monitor at almost every 3rd trimester visit...she was born healthy and beautiful! My second is a gymnast, however. I felt flutters around 16 weeks and now at 24 weeks it's definite kicks/punches!
    Nawti

Answer by Nawti at 12:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2010