how can i put a colicky baby to sleep

I have a 3 1/2 week old girl n she became very colicky she will only sleep in my arms and everytime I put her down she cries she seems very gassy so I was told to give mylicon gas drops n use similac sensitive but it not workin I can tell my by baby soo tired and I feel so bad for her I rock her all the time and talk but it just not doing the trick

babygirl111010

Asked by babygirl111010 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Check out Dr. Harvey Karp.

http://www.happiestbaby.com/

There are a couple of videos on YouTube too.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• my first got colick when she was 3 weeks old. I use to give her those drops too. She wouldn't sleep either so what I would do is put her on my chest while I slept (I lost a lot of sleep that way though because I didn't sleep that good I was afraid of her falling off me if I slept) the other thing I did (my grandma told me not to do, but it worked so I did it) and that was to put her in the baby swing in my room it helped soooo much the only thing is if it stopped in the middle of the night she would wake up, but luckly the one I had was on batteries so it lasted a while.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Hammer!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• put a thin blanket in the dryer to warm it up put it on her tummy and swaddle her with the warm blanket on her tummy lay her down roll 2 blankets like a hot dog and put them next to her one on each side it will give her that comfort like she is in ur arms and if that doesnt work go get simulac alimentam formula(get the liguid kind the pwder kind is exspensive) and if that works than she has a milk alergie my son went threw the samething
    Lydia B.

Answer by Lydia B. at 9:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My baby was colicky and I gave him gripe water. It seemed to work for him and I just noticed one day he wasn't colicky anymore.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I had a very colicky son I changed formula similac is to harsh I switched to gerber good start,Dr browns bottles.
    Babies R Us sells a stirrer works like a mixer that u would use to mix a cake and it dosent make bubbles. I also used a stuffed that is cat nipp(which has an adverse effect on humans it calming) and fennel seed it a oil it helps with there digestive system and nervous systems it made by Natures sunshine it's all natural so it's safe
    Mom208429

Answer by Mom208429 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2010