Teaching in Asia

I have been looking online and this seems like a cool option. Get paid to travel and speak English (my native tounge lol). Has anyone done it? if so where did you go and was it worth your time and energy?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 9:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• You need to have an open mind, and a broad, adventurous taste. You'll be living in someone else's country, which will have a great many differences from home, not just the food and the language.

If you're up for the adventure, it can be amazing. If you like things to stay the same, you'll go crazy.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I like good change lol I like to explore and meet new people of other cultures and learn new things. I think it would be cool. Definitly I would be nervouse because I would be so far from home (America) but I don't want my fear to hold me back you know?
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Make sure you have enough money to get back, in case it is more than what you are ready to handle. We asked the Lord to go before us. He did. Saved us many times from jail. Not that we were doing anthing wrong acccording to our countries laws, but very wrong to theirs. Make sure you look on line what are the expectations of a single forein woman in their coundtry? What to wear, when can you speak to a man. Plz don't get romanticlly involved there. If you do, know you will not be coming home again. Make sure you have backup. Whether it is through the American Councelite (you can get the rules from thme too)They will also be able to tell you if its safe or if the group that is offering this position is safe. You see, the black market for a single white woman, is in the millions. Usually no way out once in. Sorry to be so blunt, but you need to know if you're going alone. If you have more questions, contact me. Hope this helps
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 11:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have a few friends who teach in South Korea. They like it but right now they are a bit worried. I have always wanted to do the JET program (teaching English in Japan). Maybe one day when I finally finish my degree and my son is grown, lol. Whatever you decide, just make sure you research the program that you go through. There are some good ones and some bad ones out there. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Right. I have seen some people on Youtube saying Japan teaching program is not as strong but I dont know anything about it. To prayer....I'm a black woman lol They don't want us lol Yeah my son is little too so may be when he is a bit older or something. Part of my research is posting on here to see if foks know something.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 4:21 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Make sure you check out the reputation of the company you'd be going with to make sure they'll keep you safe and will provide housing as well as whether they are a legit company or not.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2010