Anybody lose someone that was close to you?

How did you deal with it? Lost my brother about 4.5 months ago and I still wish I could bring him back. I don't care where in the grieving process you are, how are you dealing with the death of someone that was close to you? Anybody kind of look forward to death, knowing that they'll see their loved one again?

*Edit*  Perhaps, "looking forward to" is not the correct phrase.  Rather, not afraid of death.  I am not suicidal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My grandma just passed on Monday.
    One day at a time. Its all you can do
    No.I'm not looking forward to death. If you are,I hope you seek help in some form.
    I'm sorry for your loss

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I lost my best friend 2 years ago this upcoming jan. We had known each other for 22 1/2 years. You have to take it one day at a time, it has been very hard on me and there are days I still pick up the phone to call her before remembering she is gone. But I always carry her in my heart and my memories. I don't wish for death but I believe that at the end of my life she will be there waiting for me. Keep your head up and just keep the memories you had...that is how the people we love live on.
    TinyDancer13

Answer by TinyDancer13 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. I lost quite a few extended family members and my favorite Auntie, Grandma and Grandpa. One thing that helps me is to remember they are always right here with me, they are alive in my heart and in my memories. I do believe that someday we will see each other again and be reunited (in the afterlife). When I feel sad and miss them I will pull out the photo album and look thru it, and remember some of the good times and 'stories' behind the pictures. Remember everyone copes and deals with it in their own way and in their own time.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• well i wasnt close to my greatgrandmother & she past away i was sad but i knew she was in a better place & my aunt past away but i know she is in a better place
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• my mom died and its still hard they tell you oh it get better in time thats not true she has been died for 7 years and has missed out on me getting married and having my two kids i was really close to her and then one day she was gone i still cry myself to sleep sometimes thinking about her, i just try to keep my head up and i talk to my son about her all the time i believe if i keep her memory alive shes not really died just gone. and i know when i die she"ll be there waiting for me and that makes me happy but im sorry for your lost its not right,,,,ill pray for his soul and your family
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 1:22 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Yes I lost my brother as well 6 weeks ago unexpectedly , I was very close to him and I to am having a hard time dealing with it. hugs

Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 3:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2010