school lunch

If my child forgets her lunch a lot at home how can you make a point to your child about it? My child will not go w/out a lunch because she can always use her lunch ticket to replace the lunch she left at home. How can I make a point then??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Could it be she prefers the hot lunch at school to her cold lunch? And so she's forgetting her cold lunch on purpose?
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 10:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• If she takes it or if she leaves it she still gets to eat.Is this a money issue.? If not dont worry about it. Chances are she forgets on purpose, if it keeps happening, she dont want the lunch from home an cant tell you that. Its a no win no loose for her.
    fearful5

Answer by fearful5 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i would make her pack it herself so if she forgets it she would have wasted her own time and not mine.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• One thing I do for my 11 year oold son is writing on the bathroom mirror a reminder,,,Don't forget your lunch...I sue a wipemoff marker and it comes right off. It works he has not forgotten a lunch yet. You can also write things like don't forget your homework its on the coffee table or if her jeans are in the dryer.{so on and so forth}..Its the easiest thing that I found that works,
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 2:33 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• She may not have consequences in at school, but you can have consequences for her at home. If she forgets her lunch, she has to help with dinner (set table, clean off table, do dishes, etc...). Another option would be making her eat her lunch she left home as her dinner. Make a point to her that she cannot waste money & food.

devtysmom

Answer by devtysmom at 2:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2008