Lactating question adult content

It seeems like I only lactate out of one boob and it's sore when it happens. It happens once a week. Ladies, did that happen to you and once you started lactation, was it constant or just on/off?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 9:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• oh, I see. Congrats!! Yup, the same thing happened to me. If you are really concerned, talk to your obgyn. It's good to have peace of mind.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Well, at this point its just colostrum and its normal for it to leak and for your breast to be sore. and not unusual for it to be just one side at this time. You really won't start lactating till a few days after the baby is born. Once you do, it will depend on how often you breastfeed.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I assume this is your #1? You have to wait a few days for the milk to come in, meanwhile you still have to try to nurse (both sides) so the baby can "jump start" the "dairy farm". It was very painful for me the first time around. I know the lactation consultants will say if the latch is right, it shouldn't be painful. In my experience, it is until your skin toughens up...just think about what the kid is doing to you, it can't be comfortable. In turns of on and/off, my experience has been I need the baby to stimulate the lactation (sometimes if I am engorged, a mere cry from another kid, or like the "turn off your cell phone" baby cry in the movie preview could set me off). Relax...that's what you can do to help.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• yes this is my #1 and I'm 24.5 weeks pregnant right now
    shanapiv

Comment by shanapiv (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• thanks! :)
    shanapiv

Comment by shanapiv (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2010